The “Engineering a Better Future” Photo Competition organised by Engineers Australia (Hong Kong Chapter) (EAHK) is calling for entries from its Hong Kong members. The competition aims to showcase engineering efforts and activities in Hong Kong that create, inspire and/or transcend into outcomes for a better future.
SUBMISSION OF PHOTOS
The winning photos will be printed on the 2021 EAHK Calendar with the Best Photo on the cover
and the 12 runners-up featured in one month each.
• Photos must be in landscape orientation and be no less than 1280 pixels in width
• Photos must be in standard jpeg format with a title as file name
• Photos must be sent to EAHK by email to email@example.com by Saturday 31 October 2020
• Photo submission email shall include “2020 EAHK Photo Competition” in the subject line.
The member’s name, membership number and contact information shall be supplied in
the body of the submission email. Each member shall submit all of his/her entries in one
THE DATELINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS SATURDAY 31 OCTOBER 2020
RULES & CONDITIONS
1. Only entries from EAHK members will be eligible for prizes and each member may submit up to
2. Members must obtain any copyright releases or company approvals, if applicable, allowing EAHK
to use the photos in the calendar and at EAHK functions/activities.
3. Phots should not contain commercial elements such as company names and logos.
4. Photos need not be the member’s own projects but preference will be given to current projects
or ones completed after 2017.
5. Members retain copyright of their photos.
6. While post processing of photos is encouraged, computer generated images will not be
7. The winners will be determined by a judging panel consisting of EAHK Past President(s) and
member(s).The winning photos will be selected based on people and engineering interests,
how the project will shape a better future, as well as photographic and artistic merits. The
judging panel’s decision shall be final.
8. Winners will be notified via email before 1 December 2020. No notification will be sent for
9. Upon submitting your entry in the 2020 photo competition, you are deemed to have agreed to
provide EAHK with a non- exclusive and royalty free licence for the submitted photos.
10. Current EAHK Committee Members who contributed a winning photo will receive a Certificate of Excellence instead of the cash prize.
*EAHK reserves the right to use photos other than competition entries for the calendar if not enough suitable photos are submitted for the competition.
* Each member may win no more than two prizes.
31 October 2020 17:00 Hong Kong Time
Event Contact: EA Hong Kong Committee
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org